Monday, March 5, 2007

PCV Visit






My visit to Pimentel was awesome! I stayed with a PCV (peace corps volunteer) who is just doing amazing things at his site. The latest of which is setting up a school for the deaf. It was so good to see what I have to look forward to. Neal, the PCV, is such a great inspiration and mentor for me. And on top of it all, we went to the most amazing beach with some other PCV´s. I know, I am living such a rough life. It was on the northern shore and called Playa Caleton. You dirve along the road and this shady path shows up, you walk down the path, and I was thinking to myself that this wasnt going to be worth it, then all of a sudden this beach pops up. Beautiful white sand beach with the clear aqua water. It was surrounded by rock cliffs and had 2 islands within swimming distance. No waves... just little laps of water. There was barely anyone there. I loved it. It was so unreal.


I leave this thursday for CBT (community based training) and Ill be going to Sabana del Mar. Ill have technical training there and have a school internship. All SpEd trainees will go there, so we will have training together. It will be awesome.


Also, i went to Carnval yesterday.. a mix between the Mummers and Madi Gras. it was absolutely madness. Crazy costumes, lots of music, and a TON of people. It was in the capital. Definitely a crazy experience. Im still not sure what the significance is of it, but it was fun. The one pic Im adding is of this unfinished building that people climbed to get a better look at the parade. thats how big this thing was.


Jonah has set up a site... hileah.blogspot.com that you all can post pics or videos on from home! Please use it! Im dying to see pictures and things from home. Use it!


Much love.


6 comments:

josephine said...

I want to visit that beach when we come to see you! Glad your trip was a success. It is good to know that you made it there and back. Miss you. love you and am so proud of you. Love, Mom

Aunt Mary said...

Hi Leah,
I have been checking your site every few days. WOW! You are having such a wonderful experience - so many "learnings" just crammed into one day. And you are a WOW person! Thinking of you and so proud of you. Love Aunt Mary

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny Baker said...

Leah, you're doing amazing things...and it doesn't suprise me a bit! It's just where you're meant to be. JMU is going well. You may be miles away from here but you're working in my life every single day. You rock my socks off Little Goodie! Looove you!

Jennifer said...

Yo wuts up lil cuz!!! Cant believe you are experiencing all these new things! DR HUH??? No snow?? :o( Its getting nice here but I like the snow too!
If you need anything...just ask!! Candy? Eye shadow? Nail polish? Tasy Kakes???LOL
Be Safe. Have Fun. and travel in pairs! LOL ...

jonah said...

So it was 67 on Wednesday and this morning it is snowing. Sounds like the same weather you are having.